We offer advice on work that falls under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, which came into force on 1st July 1997 to prevent/resolve disputes between building owners of neighbouring properties.

Why do I need a Party Wall Surveyor?

All property owners are required to prepare and serve notice to their neighbours if the proposed work falls under the scope of the Act. This includes building on the boundary of a neighbouring property, working on an existing wall, or digging near the foundation level of a neighbouring property. As the Act can be difficult for non-professionals to interpret, we offer advice on issuing notices which can prevent future difficulties and disputes. Our experienced surveyors can also act on your behalf to administer a Party Wall Agreement in the event of disputes.

Read more on the Party Wall Act